Friday, September 24, 2010

Book Review- Nancy Yi Fan- Swordbird



Nancy Yi Fan- Swordbird (HarperCollins 2007) 3.25 Stars



Stone-Run Forest is being torn apart by a war waged by blue jays and cardinals, but are there deeper forces at work here? Trapped in a war none of the birds wish to be in, they are looking to a legend for the restoration of peace. Swordbird seems to be the only hope for the forest to return to what it should be. Can they call up this mythical hero, before it is too late?



I must say that I may have enjoyed this book more if I was twelve or younger. It still was not a bad book, considering it is not the usual type of book that I read. It definitely is a juvenile read, intended for a younger audience. The author is now seventeen, but at the time that she wrote this she was only twelve. Taking that into consideration she has done a great job and I am impressed. I will be looking out for her in the future. The characters were interesting and well-created; maybe a little more depth would be something to work on as she gets older. The plot wasn’t deep, but it was still enjoyable. It also had its intense sections that will captivate young readers. Nancy has quite an imagination and I hope that she is able to put it to good use in the future. I would recommend this book to young readers.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!