Saturday, September 18, 2010

Book Review- James Patterson- 1st to Die



James Patterson- 1st to Die (Little, Brown and Company 2001) 3.75 Stars



When brides and grooms start dying and normal police procedures are getting them nowhere, four women decide to take matters into their own hands. Lindsay Boxer is a police officer who is leading the investigation into the murders and she has brought in her friends, Claire Washburn who is a medical examiner, and Jill Bernhardt an assistant D.A. Cindy Thomas, a reporter, has also joined the Women’s Murder Club and will get the inside scoop on the murders. To the killer this is a sadistic and ruthless game in which there can only be one winner.



I had been told that this series was good and this was not a bad start. I loved how we saw Lindsay struggling with a brutal serial killer as well as a deadly disease. It gave her much more depth. The plot was pretty good and was certainly fast-paced. It did have its moments when I felt things could have been made stronger with a little more work. If Patterson would take a little more time before pumping out a new book his books would be a lot better. Maybe this would be a good idea rather than hurrying to get several books out each year. That being said this book was a nice refresher from Patterson’s Cross series. I enjoyed the twists in this book, they were well done and some were very surprising. I did know who the killer was about halfway through, although it didn’t end up playing out quite the way I had though it would. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Patterson or thrillers.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!