Friday, September 17, 2010

Book Review- Jeffery Deaver- The Stone Monkey



Jeffery Deaver- The Stone Monkey (Pocket Books 2004) 4.25 Stars



The FBI has asked Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs to assist in taking down the murdering “snakehead”, or immigrant smuggler. This however may not be as easy as it sounds. When they corner his ship everything flips upside down and somehow the Ghost slips through the cracks. Now they are not the only ones on the hunt. They are hunting for the Ghost, but at the same time they must locate the witnesses before the Ghost silences them forever.



I could tell from the introduction that this book was going to be different from the other Deaver books in this series, and sure enough it was. We see a different focus on this one and I enjoyed learning about the Chinese culture; it was very interesting. I loved that the setting was also a first for this series, and took place in a cool part of the city, Chinatown. The characters in this one were also well done as-per-usual Deaver style. We got to learn a little more about Rhyme and Sachs, including their relationship. The plot was great, twisting and turning at every chapter. Some I saw coming and some I didn’t. I did feel that Deaver may have tried too hard to throw in extra twists, but he does have a tendency to do that. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who loves Deaver, or thrillers.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!