Thursday, September 2, 2010

Book Review- Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child- Thunderhead



Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child- Thunderhead (Warner Books 2000) 4 Stars



Nora Kelly is attacked by two men dressed in animal pelts while visiting her abandoned ranch. She suddenly receives a letter from her deceased father that was addressed sixteen years ago. Now she is off to find what she hopes will being the greatest archaeological find since King Tut. The expedition will take them into the deepest and darkest parts of Utah’s canyons and just when she thinks she has found all the answers, she realizes that the answers may just kill her and her team…



Wasn’t sure about this one at first; when I read the first action scene I was like, “Oh no, not another sci-fi twist!” I was happy to discover that it was not really a sci-fi twist, but another kind of weird altogether. I have to admit this book gave me the creeps at some parts and had me biting my nails the whole final quarter. The setting was perfect as you really couldn’t get a creepier setting for this kind of book. I loved the archaeological parts, who doesn’t love a good treasure hunt? The research behind this novel would have taken a lot of work, and it was interesting to learn just what skills go into these archaeological digs. I found it to be quite interesting and enjoyable, maybe a little odd for me, but a good read nonetheless. I would recommend this book to fans of thrillers with a touch of oddity.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!