Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Book Review- Robert Louis Stevenson- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Robert Louis Stevenson- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Washington Square Press 1995) 2.75 Stars

I do not think I need to explain this novel as you should all know the basic idea of the book, so I will go straight into my thoughts. This was my first time actually reading this book, and I was not overly impressed by it. I found that there was not much point to the book. The plot did not have a lot of depth to it. I always imagined that we would see more of the inner struggle between Jekyll and Hyde, but we don’t learn about it until the final chapter where Jekyll explains everything via a letter. The perspective was kind of a surprise for me, not sure what I expected, but it certainly wasn’t like that. Not saying it was a bad perspective, it just wasn’t what I expected. I did like the characters, although we don’t learn a lot about any of them in particular. This one kind of made me scratch my head and wonder just why it has become a classic.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!