Monday, September 6, 2010

Book Review- Linwood Barclay- No Time for Goodbye



Linwood Barclay- No Time for Goodbye (Bantam Books 2008) 4 Stars



After a fight with her parents late one night, Cynthia Bigge wakes up to find that her whole family has just disappeared. She was fourteen at the time and after twenty-five years there are still no clues as to what could have happened. Now she has a family of her own, but she is still haunted by the memories of what happened and the many unanswered questions surrounding the circumstances of the vanishing act. Suddenly it looks like it might be happening again, an unknown brown car driving slowly down their street, strange phone calls, and unexplained gifts. Will she find the answers before it is too late?



Linwood Barclay is a new Canadian author to me and was recommended to me. After reading this one I can see why. I enjoyed the book. The whole time I was reading I was like, “Just what exactly is going on here?” I had my suspicions half-way through, but it was no more than that (they turned out to be right, but I had many other suspicions as well). Barclay knows how to keep the reader in suspense and although it did have a slowing down point, I knew that it was building up to something good. The characters were well-created and seemed to jump off of every page. I did find that at a couple of points I was wondering if it could really happen like that, and the other twist at the end I was not too sure about. That being said I really did enjoy this book and would definitely recommend reading his novels.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!