Friday, June 15, 2018

Panic from Within


Was really anxious this morning, and for those who do not suffer from anxiety, I figured I would give some insight into the world of anxiety and mental illness in general. Hope you enjoy my poem.

Panic from Within
A painful twisting knot pressing on my diaphragm
Tightening, gripping, tearing away my breath
A disabling disease, as my brain works against me
A cancer burning through every inch of my body
Stabbing
      Thieving
              Confident
                       Weakening
                                 Destructive
                                          Crippling
                                                  Deadly
Panic sweeps through my veins, muscles clench
Blackness clouds my vision, blurring the world
Spinning, losing control, fighting for my very breath
Drowning
        Gasping
               Fighting
                       Battling
Mind over body, anxiety pushing against reason
Confusion
         Doubt
               Senseless
Powerlessness ripping apart my very existence
I must not give in, reason rushes forward, slicing
Battling back these forces of darkness from within
Light dissipating the fog, casting away the clouds
Anger
     Frustration
                 Bitterness
Winding up its own power, defeating the powerlessness
A sunrise on the horizon, night gives way to none-other-than


Hope
     Faith
          Victory



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!