Monday, June 18, 2018

A Song for My Love


Most of my readers know by now that I am an author and photographer. Many will even know that I have been married to my high school sweetheart for over 11 years now. Little known fact though, is that I have been writing since I was 7 or 8. Back then it was stories. In high school I continued to write stories and began writing the book Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping, which I published while in college. In high school I began writing poetry, mostly out of boredom during class, as writing helped me focus. This is how I helped swoon the love of my life. The following poem is one of those written for her. I plan to compile these poems into a book that has been copyrighted and will be published at some point in the near future, so keep your eye out for that! I will be posting samples of the Copyrighted poems on my blog over the coming weeks, and I hope that you enjoy. Some are fun/silly, some are about love, some are about faith/hope, some are about struggles/dark times. I would encourage you to read these poems out loud, as that is how poems are meant to be enjoyed. So go ahead, find your serenity space, read it out loud, let the words surge through your veins. 

A Song for My Love
Where to go? What to do?
I feel so lost and so confused
I’ve never felt this way before
I’ve got butterflies and feel so dizzy

I should tell you how I feel
But when you’re around
I feel so short of breath
So torn up inside

The words I just can’t find
So let me tell you now
How I feel inside
For you need to know

When you’re not around
I just want to cry
For my heart aches so bad
I wish you’d never leave

So I could see your pretty face
And look into your lovely eyes
I wish I could tell you I love you
From the depths of my heart

That I’ll cherish you forever
Long into eternity
But the words evade my mouth
And for that my heart breaks

You deserve to hear those words
The words I love you
I want you, I need you
Without you I would fade away

I wish I could find the words
To tell you how I feel
My lovely sunshine
My beautiful rose

I hope this is enough
To make you see
Just how I feel
I love you



Thanks for reading! I look forward to your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!