Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Windows: A Look To the Past


A freshly written poem, hot off the press. Difficult to write, but think I finally got it right. A glimpse into my past. Again nothing aimed at causing hard feelings or casting blame. I have dealt with the past, and this is just my brain's way of processing. 

Windows
Look in the window, what do I see?
I see a baby, crying out for some love
Mother there in body, but nothing more
Too depressed to notice the needs of a child

Look in the window, what do I see?
Father struggling, raising kids on his own
Marries again, hoping to find truer love
Mother not there, trapped in a cycle of men

Look in the window, what do I see?
Child gets molested, forced to do what is wrong
Parents in shock, not sure what to do
Lost and ashamed, never speak of the pain

Look away from the window, too much to bear
To much depression, a child so confused
Unsure how to handle the thoughts in his head
This can’t be normal, feeling so alone

Look in the mirror, what do I see?
The same little child, keeping people away
Let no one near, afraid they might see
The monster inside me, the one that I see



Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment and let me know your thoughts. Remember if you use this poem, I would appreciate you asking. If you share it, please give credit where credit is due. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!