Thursday, September 1, 2011

Book Review- Richard King- That Sleep of Death



Richard King- That Sleep of Death (Dundurn Press 2002) 3 Stars

When Montreal bookstore owner Sam Wiseman finds a body of a client dead, his life changed. He now finds himself trying to clear his name and find out just who was guilty of the murder. Working with the police he finds himself out of his league, but is intrigued by the investigation.

It was a bit of a slow start to the book, that had me unsure if I would finish. It never did really become gripping, but was still interesting enough to keep me reading. It was also kind of cool to see the bookstore angle, and a little of the behind the scenes work that goes on. The characters were okay for me, not great, but not terrible either. I found that his relationship was distracting and kind of pointless. The setting was nice to see, as it was taking place in Canada, but it did not get into the setting description much. Overall it was an okay book, good for a one time read.


For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!