Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Book Review- Michael Connelly- The Overlook



Michael Connelly- The Overlook (Vision Books 2008) 3.75 Stars

Dr. Stanley Kent has just been discovered on the overlook with two bullets in the back of his head. Now Harry Bosch must try to find the killer, but he isn’t the only one interested in this case. Agent Walling of the FBI has been handed the case as it has taken a terrorist angle. Bumping heads as Bosch fights to keep his case; they must try to solve this case before things escalate out of their control.

The introduction to this book was a little slower than I am used to from Connelly, but it was still interesting enough for me to keep reading. It had a good plot that kept moving at a fast clip, changing direction many times. The characters were well done and their tensions added to the intensity. I did find myself wondering how Bosch suddenly jumped to the conclusion he did. The ending was very good and intense; it was a great way to end a novel. The bonus chapter at the end tied things up nicely, although the original ending would have been just fine as well. Overall I thought that the book pretty good.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!