Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Book Review- David Morrell- Double Image






David Morrell- Double Image (Warner Books 1999) 2.25 Stars


When Coltrane retires from being a war photographer, he decides that he wants to take pictures of inspiring things instead of gloomy things. A woman has come into his life and now things are about to heat up. A killer has decided that he would make a good victim and his life is turned upside down. Lies and deception surround him, and he has no idea just what the truth really is, but he intends to find out.



I was highly disappointed with this novel. I liked the introduction. It grabs the reader’s attention and promises a great story. I only wish that it had come through with that promise. This book was pretty much two completely separate stories revolving around the same character combined into one book. The first book ends about halfway through and then the second book takes over. The first book had many pages of bore and then an action-packed ending. Then the second book starts with a boring introduction and is boring right up until the ending, which was again action-packed. The characters were pretty good, but could have been better. The main character was very deep. I was hoping for so much more when I started reading this book, and I am not sure why I even bothered trudging through to the end. I certainly do not recommend this book.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com


Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping




http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!