Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Book Review- Barry Eisler- Requiem for an Assassin



Barry Eisler- Requiem for an Assassin (Onyx 2007) 3.25 Stars



John Rain kills for a living, but now he is being forced to kill three people. His payment is his friend’s life. His friend has been captured and the only way to get him back is to follow the demands he is given. He quickly realizes that it might be a setup, and he now has to take steps to prevent his own capture.



This novel had a pretty good introduction that made me want to read on. However it was very wordy and Eisler includes a lot of unnecessary details that slowed down the book. I loved the action scenes and how capable Rain is. I also enjoyed his fights with himself over his killings; it added a depth to the character. The other characters in the book though, I did not feel like we got to know. Overall I got kind of bored with this book, as I kind of drowned in the fluff.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!