Friday, August 20, 2010

Book Review- Harlan Coben- Drop Shot

Harlan Coben- Drop Shot (Bantam Dell 2008) 3.75 Stars

When a prospective client is murdered at the tennis stadium, Myron Bolitar takes it upon himself to look into her murder and find out the truth. Along the way he discoveed that one of his other tennis clients may be involved and it might be all connected to a six-year-old murder of a senator’s son. Now he finds himself butting heads with a dirty U.S. senator, a group of mobsters, and a mother with something to hide. Everyone wants to put an end to his investigation, including the murderer.

Harlan Coben has certainly come up with better introductions, but it did not take long to pick up and draw my interest. I did find it interesting to see a tennis focus as it doesn’t usually get much attention in books. I once again enjoyed the sarcasm, as I usually do in the Bolitar series. I did find that the character development in this book wasn’t as good as it usually was, but was not bad. The plot was good, but not great. I had suspected the ending by a quarter of the way through, and figured it out by halfway through. That being said it was still interesting to see how Bolitar and Win would figure it out and how everything would unfold. Overall I did enjoy the book and would recommend it to anyone who likes sports and thrillers.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!