Thursday, June 17, 2010

Book Review- Jeffery Deaver- The Coffin Dancer



Jeffery Deaver- The Coffin Dancer (Pocket Books 1999) 4 Stars



As a dangerous and brilliant killer is hired by a rich criminal to hunt down witnesses in a federal case, criminalist Lincoln Rhyme and his associate Amelia Sachs are brought in to capture the assassin. Deception is the assassin’s game and it will take all of Rhyme’s skill to figure out each of these deceptions before it too late. For Rhyme this is personal as he has dealt with this assassin before and lost, the assassin is aptly named the Coffin Dancer, and catching him will not be so easy, in fact it could be down right impossible.



I loved the introductory sentence as it grabbed my attention and made me wonder just how the murder was going to happen, and when it did happen it was not the way I figured at all, it was like BAM! Deaver has way of doing this throughout his books, a very skilled thriller author who knows how to make twists that shock. Sachs and Rhyme are an odd pairing, but I love the way Deaver has them mesh and work cases together. The team members that they usually have with them are interesting as well and I can’t help, but enjoy reading about them. The plot was fast-paced and edge-of-your-seat reading making this a tough one to put down. I did not particularly enjoy the end as it did not seem all that likely or realistic, but it certainly was shocking.



I recommend The Coffin Dancer to anyone who loves mysteries/thrillers, or enjoy Deaver’s work.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!