Saturday, December 31, 2011

Book Review- Robert C. O’Brien- The Secret of Nimh

Robert C. O’Brien- The Secret of Nimh (Scholastic 1982) 4 Stars

When Mrs. Frisby’s son Timothy gets sick with pneumonia just days before the ground is to be tilled, they must try to find a way to safely move him. After befriending a crow he leads her to the wise old owl for advice on what to do. The owl sent her to the rats with a suggestion on how to move the house. In the process she will find out things about her deceased husband that she did not know.

I remembered loving this book when I was in school, so I was happy to read this book again. The plot is not a complicated one, but it is solid and keeps moving along. I did not find my attention waning at any given time. The characters were fairly strong, although maybe could have used a little more depth. The ending was also clever and was a great way to conclude the novel. Overall it was a good book and I would certainly read it to my child.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com.

Tony Peters

Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! I am also buying up and re-reading childhood favorites! Keep the ideas rolling!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!