Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Book Review- Jeffery Deaver- The Empty Chair


Jeffery Deaver- The Empty Chair (Pocket Books 2005) 3.75 Stars

Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs are asked to assist a small town police force in hunting down a brilliant kidnapper aptly named Insect Boy. Finding the boy may not be so difficult, but keeping him within their grasp may just be the toughest thing they have ever done. This may be their toughest case yet, pitting these allies on opposite sides.

Although The Empty Chair is described as a thriller, I feel it fits better into the mystery genre. I enjoyed the brilliance of the Insect Boy and loved the fun facts about insects. The characters I felt were kind of weak, and some of the events were not all that plausible. That being said I think that the plot is well done and keeps the reader’s interest at all times. I also enjoyed the section right before the end, as it was very creative.

I recommend The Empty Chair to mystery lovers and Deaver fans.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!