Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Book Review- Eric Wilson- Murder on the Canadian


Eric Wilson- Murder on the Canadian (HarperCollins 2003) 3.5 Stars

Murder on the Canadian is the first of Tom Austen’s mysteries. He is on a trip to visit his grandparents and finds a mysterious man with a case handcuffed to his wrist. While investigating this man, a murder takes place on board the train and he must figure out who is guilty.

Wilson has a way of writing that I think kids love. His characters are easy for kids to relate to and the mystery is always entertaining, Murder on the Canadian is no exception. The plot was quite interesting when it got to the main storyline. I did think that there was a little bit too much pre-mystery writing. Wilson should have gotten into the murder sooner to keep his reader’s interest. Kids have short attention spans, like many of us adults, and the writer needs to keep that in mind at all times.

I recommend Murder on the Canadian to mystery readers and kids of all ages.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!