Monday, March 26, 2012

Book Review- Michael Connelly- The Reversal


Michael Connelly- The Reversal (Vision Books 2011) 4.25 Stars

Mickey Haller has been handed a case, only this time it is not on the defence side, it’s on the side of the prosecution. He has been asked to be an independent prosecutor, to keep things away from the DA’s office. He has only agreed to take the case as he truly believes that the man is guilty. Jessup has just been released from prison after DNA evidence has overturned his sentence in the murder of a young girl. Now the DA’s office wants him retried and they cannot be the ones in the driver’s seat. Mickey Haller has agreed as long as he can use his ex-wife Maggie and investigator Harry Bosch. Little does he realise just how dangerous things can get.

This one had a little bit of a slower start, but it was interesting to see Haller being presented with a case out of the norm for him. I love how Connelly brings in characters from his other series’ as it is always great to get an update on how they are doing and what they are up to. Connelly does such a great job with all of his characters. They are so full of depth and show emotion like I could imagine they would in real life. I love seeing Haller at work in the courtroom, even though I don’t normally like courtroom books. The plot was also pretty good and flowed smoothly. It had some good twists, but was not completely unpredictable. I must also say that I loved the ending, as it was not your average conclusion. Overall I enjoyed this book and thought it was a good instalment in both the Lincoln Lawyer series and the Harry Bosch series.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com.

Tony Peters

Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!