Monday, September 19, 2011

James Patterson and Maxine Paetro- 7th Heaven



James Patterson and Maxine Paetro- 7th Heaven (Little, Brown and Company 2008) 4 Stars

When the governor’s son goes missing without a trace and months later a tip comes in regarding his disappearance/death, Boxer is brought in on the case. Yuki is responsible for the trial section and together they must figure out the truth from the lies. Meanwhile someone is burning up the rich of San Francisco and it is getting closer and closer to home for Lindsay Boxer as she tries to solve a case with few leads.

The introduction was really good, it grabbed my attention immediately. It was a pretty intense read; quick like all Patterson novels. It was a good plot, but I felt like he was trying a little hard at times. The characters were decent, but could have used a little more depth. I do find myself wishing that he would focus more on Lindsay, instead of dividing attention between her and Yuki’s trials. The ending was good as well, but I did find myself questioning the likelihood of the way it played out. I would explain further, but that would be a spoiler. Overall it was a good read.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!