Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Book Review- Kirk Mitchell- Fredericksburg



Kirk Mitchell- Fredericksburg (ibooks 2003) 3.5 Stars

This book covers the pre-battle, battle, and post-battle parts of the battle of Fredericksburg. It takes on the characters from lowly privates, to sergeants, to generals. I found it rather amusing that the first typo to be found was on the cover of the book, forgetting the ‘e’ in Fredericksburg. It got off to a long and extremely slow beginning. I know why they did it this way; I just wish it could have been more interesting. That being said it was great to see all the historical detailing brought into the book, as well as the amazing job that was done at character development. I liked the fact that it covered the battle from both sides, but it got to be rather confusing at times. When it did get to the actual battle section, it got to be very intense and I couldn’t put the book down. This redeemed it for the slow beginning. It was also good to see the author let you know what the people he researched for the book did after the war. Overall it was a good read, about an era in time that I find fascinating.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!