Sunday, September 25, 2011

Book Review- Harlan Coben- The Woods



Harlan Coben- The Woods (Signet Books 2008) 4.25 Stars

Paul Copeland’s sister died in the woods outside of their summer camp, along with three other people, twenty years ago. Only two bodies were ever found; his sister’s body was not among them. Now as County Prosecutor he has a huge career case he is fighting to win, and he must still find time to raise his six year old daughter by himself, after his wife’s death. When one of the supposed dead actually turns up as a murder victim, he must figure out the truth, is his sister really dead? If she isn’t, why did she go into hiding?

The introduction to this book was unique; it grabbed my attention and made me want to find out what was going on. Normally I find two seemingly separate story lines revolving around the same person to be a little distracting, but in this book’s case they were interwoven amazingly well. True to Coben’s style, the plot had lots of great twists and turns, you just never knew what was going to come at you next. I did manage to figure out one of the twists way before hand, but it didn’t really detract from the book at all. A couple of situations in the book though, I did kind of wonder if it would have played out like that, but it was a minor complaint. I found the characters to be fun and they were quite well crafted. Overall the book was pretty good, and I would certainly recommend it to all thriller readers.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!