Monday, August 30, 2010

Book Review- Lee Child- The Enemy



Lee Child- The Enemy (Dell 2007) 4.5 stars



Jack Reacher is one of the best. You want a military crime solved, you come to him. On New Year’s Day a two-star general is found dead in a hotel room and his briefcase is nowhere to be found. It is 1990 and with a troop reduction looming, Reacher must prove his worth by controlling this delicate situation. Hours later the general’s wife is found dead miles away. Told to back off of the case, Recaher is unable to follow those orders, for he is being framed for the murder of another officer. He must figure out who is pulling the strings and bring down their house of cards before they destroy him.



Slower introductory page than I am used to with Lee Child’s books, but of course that does not last long. The book grabs your attention and makes you want to find out just what is going on here. I found it hard to put this one down. We learn more about Reacher’s past as an MP, as this one has gone back to before he became a wandering ex-military police. We get to see his mother and learn more about his family history, including what his brother was like before he died. I found it fascinating to see how good he was at his job, although at times I wondered if his conclusions came a little too easily. The fast-paced, action-packed, kind of book is what I am used to seeing from Child and he certainly did not disappoint with this one. I recommend it to thriller fans!



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!