Sunday, July 5, 2009

Book Review- Erica Abeel- Conscience Point


Erica Abeel- Conscience Point (Unbridled Books 2009) 3.5 Stars

Conscience Point is the first Romance book I have ever read. Erica Abeel, the author, sent requested that I review her book and I agreed, willing to give any genre a try. In this novel Madelaine Shaye, or Maddy, has everything going for her, a great career in music and the arts, a loving daughter, and a steamy relationship. Life suddenly comes screeching to a halt though, as one by one things start falling apart. Now Maddy must try to piece her life back together and find the strength within to carry on.
I have to admit that I did not particularly enjoy this novel, but that is not what I rate books on. I rate books on quality of writing, and whether or not people who read the genre in question will like it. Erica has a great writing skill and has a well-written novel here. She has created great pictures of the places within this novel and the characters are very well-crafted. I loved the cover of Conscience Point as it was different from most book covers; as a result it draws the eye to the front cover. Even the dialogue is strongly-crafted and the bantering between characters will be enjoyable for romance lovers. One thing that I did find a little bit lacking however, was the plot. I would have liked to see more development on Maddy’s relationship with her daughter.
I would recommend Conscience Point to people who enjoy romance and gothic novels.

For more of my reviews check out my website. http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!