Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Book Review- Joyce Sweeney- Free Fall



Joyce Sweeney- Free Fall 1.25 Stars

Neil, his brother David, best friend Randy, and his brother’s friend Terry, all decide to go cave exploring. A morning of fun, and then off to work, that was the plan. They never imagined that they could possibly get lost within that cave and its network of tunnels. Now they are fighting to find a way out of the cave before it takes all of their lives.

The introduction nearly lost me. It was tedious and took too long to get to the point of the novel. It never really grabbed my attention, just plodded along barely keeping me reading. The book had a good basic plot, but was just lacking that certain wow factor. The characters were a redeeming quality. They were very well done, and had depth. I loved to see the personal struggles of each character and how the cave made them face each fear/struggle. Overall though, I would not recommend this book.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com.

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!