Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Book Review- Andy McDermott- The Secret of Excalibur


Andy McDermott- The Secret of Excalibur (Bantam Books 2010) 2 Stars

When Nina Wilde’s friend is killed after revealing that he can track down Excalibur, she takes up the hunt. However a group of Russians seem to want more, so much more that they are willing to kill for it. Whoever wields the sword has the power of the Earth’s energy and can create a super weapon. Nina and Eddie must prevent the sword from being used as a weapon and stay alive in the process.

It took me quite awhile to get into this book. It started off pretty slow, but did manage to pick up the pace. It then was really action-packed and filled with unrealistic scenes that put the characters in situations they never could have gotten out of. The characters were shot and beaten to a pulp and yet carried on and won each situation. I also found the “earth energy” thing far-fetched and very hard to believe. The characters were fairly well done, which was a positive in this novel. I did also enjoy how it travelled the globe; I always love seeing various parts of the world in books. Overall I would not recommend this book as it just seemed to go from one unrealistic situation to the next.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com.

Tony Peters

Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!