Sunday, March 6, 2011

Book Review- Susan Beth Pfeffer- Kid Power



Susan Beth Pfeffer- Kid Power (Scholastic Inc 1995) 3 Stars



When Janie Golden’s mom loses her job it shatters her hopes of getting a new bike. Now she has decided to take matters into her own hands and find ways of earning her own money. She will be taking on odd jobs around her community under the name of Kid Power. She loves counting her money, but will it cost her, her best friend?



This book was alright. It teaches kids about money and how to handle it, but not let it get in the way of your friends. It also was kind of interesting to see how she handled all of the odd jobs she was handed, and how she came to realize that she might not be able to do things all on her own. I did find that it lacked any real intensity or climatic moment that really grabbed me. There was a spot where I think the author tried to make it intense, but it was fairly predictable and failed to grab my attention. The characters were also okay, but were not great. Overall I likely would not recommend this book, unless your child is looking into starting their own kid’s business.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!