Saturday, February 12, 2011

Book Review- James Patterson and Maxine Paetro- 4th of July



James Patterson and Maxine Paetro- 4th of July (Little, Brown and Company 2005) 4 Stars



A brutal unsolved murder still bothers Lieutenant Boxer and now there are fresh killings that she is convinced are connected. She must try to hunt down the killers before they strike again. Meanwhile she has a pending lawsuit against her after being forced into a self-defence killing and crippling of two young teens. She is now fighting on two fronts.



This was a pretty good book. Patterson is always a quick read. I enjoyed seeing Boxer work as she tries to solve this tough case, this time without the help of her murder club. The court parts are always kind of frustrating in books, but make for an interesting read. I did wonder whether something like that would even make it into the trial portion. There were certainly some good twists, although not really all that unexpected. The characters were good, but could have been better. I would recommend this series to anyone looking for a good quick read.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!