Monday, December 13, 2010

Book Review- David Baldacci- The Christmas Train



David Baldacci- The Christmas Train (Warner Books 2004) 3 Stars



After an unruly airport moment, Tom Langdon has been banned from all American airlines for two years. Now he finds himself on a journey across America by train. He is supposed be meeting his girlfriend in time for Christmas, but he never anticipated all that he would encounter on his soul searching trip.



I thought that this novel was alright. I may have enjoyed it more if I was into romance type novels. The characters were very strong, and memorable; Baldacci’s writing skill shone through with every page. The plot was not deep, but it was not meant to be. It also had many twists and turns that drove the book forward. Everyone on board the train was searching for something. My main complaint was that I was getting bored, but that may be the thriller-enthusiast in me. It was a cutesy story, and I am not really into that. I also felt that it was a little, I don’t know, unlikely to happen the way that it did in too many places. That being said Baldacci is an amazing author and I would recommend this novel to anyone who loves a good romance, or enjoys Christmas-themed books.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!