Thursday, November 25, 2010

Book Review- Suzanne Collins- Mockingjay



Suzanne Collins- Mockingjay (Scholastic 2010) 4 Stars



Normally I give a book description, but with this series it is difficult to without giving out key details to previous books. So I will not do one.



Like the other books in this series, this book got off to a slow start. However, it does not take long to pick up the pace, and once it does, it really grabs your attention. Collins worked on developing background on the well-known characters and showing how they are changing from the pressures of the violence they have seen. I enjoyed seeing them do what I have been wanting them to do all along, rebel. I am not sure why anyone would have gone along with the Hunger Games for as long as they did. I see fear, but wouldn’t death be better than giving up your children every year? Being a guy I was not drawn in by the torn feelings of Katniss, between her two suitor choices, but I can see young girls understanding her perfectly. It was another well-done book, and a great conclusion to the Hunger Games series, that being said I would have liked a strong ending to the book, it all seemed a little too perfect for me. I would definitely recommend this series to young adults.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!