Thursday, June 10, 2010

Book Review- Elizabeth Gunn- Triple Play



Elizabeth Gunn- Triple Play (Dell Publishing 1998) 3.5 Stars



Being a detective just outside of Minneapolis is usually not a bad job, but when a serial killer strikes life becomes hectic for Jake. The first victim is discovered on home plate in quiet neighbourhood park. He is wearing an old baseball jersey and the mutilated body is a terrible sight. When the next victim turns up in much the same fashion Jake finds himself scrambling to find the killer before he strikes again. He must scrounge around through people’s lives to uncover clues as to just how these tow murders may be connected and who the killer may be. Everything points towards a third victim, but how can he possibly stop the killer from succeeding in their triple play?



This was the first novel ever written by Elizabeth Gunn, and the first one I have ever read by her. I enjoyed the opening chapter as it was an enjoyable read, although I am not sure what I loved about it. The storyline kept me locked into every page, I enjoyed it. I would not go so far as to say it was as good as Harlan Coben, Jeffery Deaver, or Michael Connelly, but I still enjoyed it. There were a couple of really good twists in the book, like the ending that I did not see coming. Just when the reader thinks everything is over Gunn throws in another twist, although if you look at how many pages were left you kind of know something else has to come up. The characters were good, but I was hoping for a little more depth. Overall I did enjoy reading Triple Play and would recommend it to mystery readers.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!