Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Book Review- Major Charles Gilson- Raja Dick

Major Charles Gilson- Raja Dick (Oxford University Press 1934) 3.25 Stars

Jonathan Wade is searching for his Uncle Dick whom he has not heard from in quite a while. Quickly he discovers that there is a treasure involved and the hunt is on. Treasure hunting is never as easy as it sounds though, as there are tribes of Muruts, a tribe that would rather kill you than look at you, who are sitting right where they need to go.
Raja Dick was an enjoyable read, a little shorter than I would have liked, but still enjoyable. The plot was not overly complicated, but the book was very quick-paced. I would have liked to see more focus put on character development, as there was very little opportunity to get to know the people in the book. Basically the major thing that this book had going for it was the fact that it was an easy, fun read for young people who want to read.
I would recommend this novel to middle readers/young adults who wish to read a fast-paced and fun book. If you like Indiana Jones you are sure to like this book.

For more of my reviews check out my website. www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!