Monday, July 6, 2009

Book Review- Lynne Reid Banks- The Return of the Indian

Lynne Reid Banks- The Return of the Indian (Weekly Reader Books 1986) 3 Stars

This novel is one of those childhood classics that are better when you are a child. Little Bear returns to the scene when Omri decides to tell him that he won a writing contest featuring none other than Little Bear! Things don’t go so well though when Little Bear comes out with a bullet in his back.
The Return of the Indian was not quite as good as its prequel. The plot was decent and dialogue strong, but I just felt that there was something missing. Maybe it would help if I was not expecting it to be as good as the first book. The characters could have been stronger as I still felt that I did not get to know them all that well.
I recommend this novel to middle readers who love to read about historical things, or just like cowboys and Indians…er..um…Native Americans.

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!