Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Book Review- Beverly Cleary- Ramona Quimby, Age 8

Beverly Cleary- Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (Avon Books 1992) 3.5 Stars

This is a series I love and appreciate for the enjoyment I get form reading it. In this novel Ramona has just been moved into a new school, where she meets a young boy in her class whom she calls Yard Ape. In her own way she must figure out if her teacher, Mrs. Whaley, likes her. Her father is studying to become an art teacher and her mom is now working at a dental office. Ramona must spend after school hours at the Kemps, where she does not want to stay for she is forced to play with Willa Jean whom she does not like playing with.
This series is cute and keeps me laughing throughout. Not too much of a plot here, but it is enjoyable nonetheless. It is a book you can read without putting a lot of thought into it, a nice change from the books I normally read. I love the characters in this series as they all seem to add there own special touch of humour to the storyline.
I recommend this book to young readers who aren’t looking for anything too serious, just fun.

For more of my reviews check out my website. www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!