Tuesday, March 22, 2022

4 13 God of Hope


God of Hope

In today’s society we are fed negativity from all sides. Twitter spews hatred and censors anything that goes against their belief system, I myself am banned from Twitter simply for spreading the Truth in God’s Word, not suspended, not temporarily banned, no BANNED FOR LIFE. Have to say I don’t miss the negativity of Twitter. The news would rather share stories of despair and fear, instead of stories of hope, you know why? It sells! People would rather watch stories that make them afraid, over stories that feel good. Politicians spread lies and division, resulting in a huge divide in society, a divide so wide, that analysts state that it can’t be bridged, fearing civil war in the US. People themselves spew hate and anger at each other, resulting in riots, murders, and looting. Health authorities spew fear, not wanting people to regain control over their own lives. Everything seems so hopeless, like we can’t possibly keep going like this. And you know what? We can’t! No wonder suicide and depression rates are through the roof. People are given no messages of hope.

God is the Father of Hope. Jesus spreads a message of hope. The disciples in the New Testament spread messages of hope. The Psalms spread messages of hope. What does this teach us? We can’t live in fear, hatred, and negativity. We must be the beacons of hope in this dark world. We must show the world that they can live for something better. Heaven is our future home. What more can one really ask for? New bodies, no pain, no death, no hatred, no fear, and the best of all, life worshipping The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit! That is true hope! In Revelation 21, John describes heaven. This passage is amazing. This is what we live for. This new heaven and new Earth are why we should not fear death. It is also the reason why we should be sharing God’s love, so that people don’t end up in the other group described in this passage. We should want everyone to be in heaven with us, for everyone to live in God’s hope. Sadly, many will and do choose to reject God, and choose to live in darkness.

Romans 12:9-13. Here Paul, a man accustomed to trials, tells us how we must live in love. Through love comes a hope in Christ. Instead of sharing in the hate and division of society, and pushing the messages of hopelessness and despair, we must be an example of Christ. Share love, even when people spew hatred. Do not respond in anger, as I am so guilty of. No respond in kindness. When you see someone in need, give to them, help them get back on their feet. My own family has been, and continue to struggle financially, so much so that at times it is a real battle to get on the air, to share with you all. Yet God has been faithful through it all. When we wonder if we can make another month, we receive gifts from our church family, and I am so grateful and thankful for this! God is so good! No matter how dark life seems, our Father provides, His Son wraps us in His arms of love. Our family has been so humbled, and with humility comes tears, but it also comes with strength and growth. As the musicians for King & Country says, “We will rise together.” Christ makes this possible!

Psalm 42, a well known Psalm, which has been turned into modern songs, paints a beautiful picture of God’s love and hope. This was a Psalm sung at my father and step-mom’s wedding, so it has a special place in my heart. The message is that even when we are downcast, or feeling at our lowest, we need only put our hope in God and He will carry us through. God loves us so much that He will choose to take our burdens upon His shoulders and walk with us. Trust in God, believe in the gift of His Son and his death and resurrection. Put you hope in God! He wants a relationship with us. Living in the flesh is clearly not working for the world, it is destroying humanity. What have you got to lose by entering into a relationship with God today? Pray right now! “God You are my heavenly Father. I am so lost right now. I live a life of sin, a life not worthy of You, yet I know that You love me despite my faults. Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus Christ to die for my sins, to cleanse my heart, give me a clean slate. I know Your Son rose from the dead after just 3 days in the grave, representing my new life with You. Come live in my heart, let Your Holy Spirit wash over me. I want to be a new creation, to show the world Your Love. Use me Lord, however You wish. In Jesus name, Amen.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!