Friday, October 6, 2017

The Guild Restaurant

 The Guild offers a unique dining experience. The decor and atmosphere remind me of a modernized British pub. It contained some very interesting and unique items throughout the entry and dining area. The service was decent, although not as attentive as I might like for the price of the food. That being said though, the waitress was very friendly.
 My wife at their Applewood-Roasted Half Chicken, this came with a side of poutine. She mentioned that the poutine was extremely delicious, and the chicken was very moist, but tasted like any roast chicken. My West Coast Octopus came on a bed of smoked black barley, bacon-steamed clams, green peas, samphire, and carrot puree. This was simply delightful and packed with flavours of great depth. I would order this again anytime. The Carrot Cake came on a bed of carrot puree that I feel it could have
done without. The cake itself was okay, not worth the $10 cost. My wife makes way better, as does my mother-in-law. Was light, but the cream cheese icing was not near cream cheesy enough.
Overall a decent restaurant, worth visiting for a good quality meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!