Sunday, December 2, 2012

Book Review- Margaret Peterson Haddix- Found



Margaret Peterson Haddix- Found 3.25 Stars

Jonah is thirteen-years-old and was adopted, but knows nothing about the circumstances of his adoption. Now that he and his new friend Chip have both received foreboding messages within a few days of each other, Chip has discovered that he too was adopted. Together with Jonah’s sister Katherine, they now must dig into the both of their adoptions to figure out why they would be receiving these odd messages. Their investigating will lead them to many other adopted kids and change everything about their life and the way they view it.

This book wasn’t a gripping novel for me, although kids likely would enjoy it. It was just interesting enough to keep me reading, a good one time read. Perhaps it was the science-fiction/futuristic angles that were too much for me. The overall plot was pretty good, but too many kid’s books do what this one did in the end, left it off so that there had to be another book, but I am not sure how else they would have been able to leave it. The characters were really well done, she put a lot of effort into their creation and it shows. It had some good twists in it that were surprising and kind of odd, but also fairly obvious. Normally obvious twists take away from the book, but I did not find that with this novel. Overall I do think that kids would enjoy reading this book/series.


For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com.

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!