Saturday, December 8, 2012

Book Review- Greg Iles- 24 Hours



Greg Iles- 24 Hours 3.75 Stars

Five times before Joey, Huey, and Cheryl had pulled off their perfect kidnapping crime, only taking 24 hours to get a small payout. This time things are different Dr. Will Jennings and his wife Karen, are not going to make it easy. They don’t trust the kidnappers to keep their word, especially with what they have learned. Protecting their child is most important, they will do anything to see she is kept alive, even if it means killing someone else, or dying themselves.

The book started off a little slow for me, but picked up pretty quick. Iles grabs your attention early on and doesn’t let it go. It has many good twists, none that I would say are shocking, but you are still kept on the edge of your seat waiting to find out what is going to happen next. I did find it a little graphic in a few sections, but it was actually used to add to the tension. It also had some fluff in a few sections that slowed things down, and could have been shortened to keep things flowing. The characters were very well done, and fit into their roles perfectly. Realism was something that weakened this novel. There were sections that I wondered if the characters would have really been able to do what they did, or if they would have been willing to do some of what they did. Overall I found this novel to be a good read, but likely wouldn’t read it a second time.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com.

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!