Saturday, September 29, 2012

Book Review- Simon Scarrow- The Eagle’s Prophecy



Simon Scarrow- The Eagle’s Prophecy 4.25 Stars

In AD 45 centurions Macro and Cato, are being told that they must go on a deadly mission or be executed. A large group of vicious pirates have come into possession of scrolls that could destroy Rome if they see the light of day. Now Macro and Cato must go with a group of troops to try to get the scrolls back and save Rome. If they are successful, they can have there lives back. It seems like a suicide mission, but what choice do they have?

This book had a good introduction, as it gets you right into the heart of what the book is going to be about. The main plot is great. It has some twists, but no real shocking moments. It did keep me reading and enjoying the time period as it is a captivating time. It had some very intense parts that kept me on the edge of my seat, not wanting to put the book down. I loved the characters in the book as well. I will definitely be looking for more books in this series. I did feel in parts like I was missing something in not having read the other books preceding this one. In the future I will read this series in order. I would recommend this book those who love historical fiction.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com.

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!