Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Book Review- Sigmund Brouwer- Broken Angel


Sigmund Brouwer- Broken Angel (2008) 4.25 Stars

Appalachia is a part of the broken United States and during this post-apocalyptic period Appalachia is being controlled by a cult-like group. Laws are strict and based on Old Testament law. Caitlyn’s father is trying to get her out. The only way to do this is through deception. As she leaves her father’s side she is forced to befriend Theo and stretch her strength beyond what she could have ever imagined. It is a tough journey, but it is the only way that she can learn to soar on her own.

It had an odd beginning and did not immediately grab me. The book did pick up and became quite captivating though. The plot was quite interesting with some great twists that I did not see coming. And the ending was quite unique and I thought that it was the perfect way to wrap things up. The characters were very well done and assisted the intensity wonderfully. The twists did make it hard to know who was really good and who was really bad though, but I guess that just keeps you on your toes. It was a very different book from those that I normally read, so I was very surprised to find myself enjoying this book. I would recommend this book to science fiction fans.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com.

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!