Thursday, May 17, 2012

Book Review- Avi- Crispin: The Cross of Lead


Avi- Crispin: The Cross of Lead (2004) 3.5 Stars

One day Asta died and suddenly her son was left alone. After finding out he was christened with a royal name, Crispin, he finds himself on the run. Everyone wants him dead and he has no idea why. Medieval England is an intimidating place for a servant boy with no friends. Coming across a man named Bear, may just have been the best thing that happened to him. At least now he has someone looking out for him.

Starting off a little slow, it did pick up the pace fairly quickly. It wasn’t ever really gripping until the end, but it was interesting enough to keep me reading. I love this time period and found it cool to see how they wound their way through the countryside. The characters were captivating, although I am not sure why it took Crispin so long to figure things out. The plot was good, but there weren’t a lot of twists. I did love the ending though, it was very exciting and was a great conclusion of events.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com.

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!