Sunday, October 30, 2011

Book Review- Dan Mahoney- The Protectors



Dan Mahoney- The Protectors (St. Martin’s Press 2003) 3.75 Stars

When Carmen de la Cruz is kidnapped overseas, the Spanish ambassador in New York is also kidnapped, as well as another Spanish diplomat, McKenna and Cisco are assigned the case. Working with the FBI and foreign police forces will take a lot skill in a case that will be scrutinised by the media. They must start with the New York case before assisting the rescue of Carmen de la Cruz. Deception seems to be around every corner and they must figure who is telling the truth and who is lying. The real challenge though, may be staying alive.

The introduction was not the most gripping, but certainly does catch your attention. The plot was good and kept the pace going steady all the way through. I would not call it fast paced, but the pace was quick enough to keep you from getting bored. I did find it odd that nothing really went terribly wrong for them, which would have jacked up the pace a little. I love it when books go from one country to another, if done right it keeps things fresh. It also shows you different parts of the world. The characters are pretty good, but could use a little more depth. As much as I enjoy Cisco’s arrogance, his referring to himself as “Cisco” all the time is kind of annoying. Overall it was a good read and I would certainly read more by this author.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!