Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Book Review- Stuart Woods- Short Straw



Stuart Woods- Short Straw (Signet Books 2007) 2 Stars

Lawyer, Ed Eagle’s wife has just taken the majority of his money and run off to Mexico. Hiring two PIs he hopes to find her and get his money back. Watching his back may be the smarter move though, as she wants him dead.

This book got off to a slow start, but did pick up a little later. The characters in the book were okay, but kind of shallow, making it hard to get into. I also found that the plot seemed kind of scatterbrained and disorganised, making it seem too hastily contrived. I found myself wondering why this book was written, was it about the sex, or the characters? The setting was kind of interesting as they traipse across Mexico, but I am afraid that it was not enough to redeem this book. I would not be recommending this book to anyone.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!