Saturday, August 27, 2011

Book Review- Ruth Kluger and Peggy Mann- The Secret Ship

Ruth Kluger and Peggy Mann- The Secret Ship (Doubleday Signal Books) 3 Stars

Ruth is in charge of trying to get Jews onto secret ships to help them escape Europe before Hitler gains control. Bringing them to Palestine is dangerous, but it is the only hope for these people’s survival. The British wish to stop these illegal ships from reaching their destination and the Germans wish to prevent them from leaving; a dangerous job with enemies around every bend.

This book was different from what I expected. I thought it would be an intense read that would be about them running from the Nazi navy. Instead it was kind of a slow read. It had some interesting historical facts and I found out some things I did not know about. A good read for anyone looking for a short book with good facts, but not for those looking for a fast-pace book. The ending was the best part, as it told you what continued to happen to them as the war progressed and faster the war.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!