Monday, August 15, 2011

Book Review- Richard Peck- Here Lies the Librarian



Richard Peck- Here Lies the Librarian (Scholastic Books 2006) 3 Stars

The back of the book describes it as: Peewee idolizes Jake, a big brother whose dreams of auto mechanic glory are fueled by the hard road coming to link their Indiana town and futures with the twentieth century. And motoring down the road comes Irene Ridpath, a young librarian with plans to astonish them all and turn Peewee’s life upside down.

It was an interesting beginning. Something about the writing style brought me in and made me want to read more of it. The plot was not overly deep; in fact I would call it the major weak point of this novel. I failed to what the point in the book was. That being said, the characters were quite well done and were easy to get attached to. They were a lot of fun. The overall book was enjoyable to read about as well, especially the racing scenes. Kids who enjoy racing or historical settings would likely find this book up their alley.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!