Sunday, July 24, 2011

Book Review- Ridley Pearson- The Art of Deception

Ridley Pearson- The Art of Deception (Hyperion 2002) 3.5
Stars


When a young woman’s body is found in the river, having been
thrown off of a bridge, Seattle
police must find her killer. Daphne Matthews and John LaMoia must dig for the truth
behind the killer, sifting through lies and deception to get to what is real. Meanwhile
they are also trying to uncover why two women have gone missing, and a peeping
tom has been reported in the area. At the same time Boldt is doing a favour for
a friend by looking into the mysterious death of an Asian man.


I found this book to be a little slow to start off with, but
it still had enough to capture my attention. The pace did pick up, getting
faster and faster as the book went on. It had a great ending, although the
little end section could have been cut out. The plot had some great twists,
although none of them were huge shockers. The characters were pretty good; they
seem to grow with every book in the series. I liked that we got to learn a
little more about Matthews and LaMoia, it gave the series more depth. Overall I
felt that the book was pretty good and I would recommend it to anyone who
enjoys this series.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!