Sunday, April 17, 2011

Book Review- Paul West- First Cause


Paul West- First Cause (2009) 1.5 Stars



Explosions rock the globe in spring 2008. A week later threats are issued to governments around the world and they must prepare for what is to come.



The introduction to this book was really good, I was settling in for a good read, but sadly wound up disappointed. It switched from past to present and was kind of hard to follow at times. It also contained a lot of fluff/useless information that slowed things down. The plot was okay, but I felt like it was missing something, maybe some action, or at least some kind of intensity booster. The ending was really good, but was left set up for a sequel. It did have a good underlying theme/message. The characters were also decent, but could have used a little work. It went back and forth from a variety of characters which was kind of distracting; it would have been better from one or two perspectives. Overall I did not see much of a point to this book. It kind of lacked a flow. I wish I could recommend this book, but I can’t.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!