Saturday, April 30, 2011

Book Review- Jeffery Deaver- Hell’s Kitchen






Jeffery Deaver- Hell’s Kitchen (Pocket Books 2001) 4 Stars










Hell’s Kitchen is known as a place where no one is safe, but big business is trying to move in and clean things up. John Pellam is trying to make a documentary on Hell’s Kitchen and steps into something dangerous and deadly. As Ettie Washington, the woman he is interviewing for his movie is accused of having burned down her apartment building for the insurance money. Pellam thinks she is innocent, despite being told she is not by everyone else, but proving her innocence could be the last thing he does.







The introduction was great; it sets the reader up for a wild ride, grabbing your attention immediately. It was a fairly fast-paced read, with its slower sections. The plot was good, with lots of twists and turns. Many of the twists I did not see coming, but a couple were predictable. I did not enjoy the rest of this series, so this one was a pleasant surprise. The characters were pretty good, and I enjoyed getting to know them in the book. The setting was great and I found it interesting learning about this area and their culture. I would recommend this book to those who love a good mystery/thriller.







For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com.







Tony Peters




Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping




http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I dont know if the story of the Hell's kitchen is true or based on that book. which is true? i have found a blog about hell's kitchen that talks about Hell's kitchen as a dangerous place to be. is it true? or is it just fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book talks about how shady the area is, but he also mentions that they are trying to revitalize the area and make it safer by pushing out the gangs. Don't know if it is true or not, but the area definitely had its bad rep before this novel came along. Never been thre myself so I am not sure what it is currently like, or what it used to be like.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!