Monday, February 28, 2011

Book Review- Arthur Conan Doyle- The Hound of the Baskervilles



Arthur Conan Doyle- The Hound of the Baskervilles (Penguin Classics 2009) 3.75 Stars



Sherlock Holmes and Watson are hunting down a ruthless villain. The villain is using a large menacing dog to haunt and murder the rich Baskervilles. Leading into perilous places, they must unravel this mystery before it takes down the man they are supposed to be protecting. A challenging case for the brightest of minds.



This book is a classic that everyone should read, or at least everyone should read a book from this series. It is a challenging read, as it is very different from today’s author’s styles. However I enjoyed the challenge and found it to be captivating watching Sherlock’s mind work. At times it is certainly a little slow moving, but you are kept on your toes guessing what is going on. I do feel bad for Watson that he must put up with the abuse of Holmes, but he does have the option of leaving. The setting is interesting as it enhances the mysteriousness of the situation; I would be curious to check out the places mentioned in this novel. I would recommend this series to anyone who enjoys a good mystery.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!