Thursday, January 13, 2011

Book Review- Joseph A. West- The Reckless Gun



Joseph A. West- The Reckless Gun (Signet Books 2006) 4 Stars



A fortune teller has predicted blood being spilled in the town of Dodge, which means trouble for Marshal Matt Dillon. One-armed Tom Gillespie has just shot a rich rancher, declaring it as revenge for the man killing his father during the Civil War and stealing thirty thousand dollars of gold. Now his partner in crime and business is declaring war on the town of Dodge until Matt Dillon hands over Tom Gillespie for a lynching. Matt Dillon won’t be pushed, but he is going to fight to keep his prisoner.



I have not enjoyed a western as much as I did this one, in a really long time. The introduction lures the reader in and makes them want to find out just what is going to happen next. It was interesting to read a book about a series I loved watching years ago. The characters were well done and stuck pretty close to the TV series characters. The plot was pretty good, not always realistic, but fun to read. By western standards this book was also fairly unpredictable; which means that it wasn’t completely unpredictable, but it had its moments that caught you by surprise. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good western.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!